Per Diem Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Several Locations in Maine, New Hampshire and Up State New York
Position Title: Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Job Status: Per Diem
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Clinical Services Manager
Position Summary: Performs an in-person no cost annual preventative health risk assessment for Medicare, Medicaid, and Affordable Care Act members of specific health plans.
These assessments will take place within the members personal living space according to market health plan expectations.
Essential Requirements: To satisfy the needs of this position, the Provider must be able to meet the following essential job requirements and expectations:
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Successfully complete the self-paced and live portions of the onboarding training in the specified time allotted.
- Ability to drive up to a 50-mile radius from home address to complete appointments.
- Provide 30 appointment slots or more per month minimum.
- Ensure high quality assessments are performed to meet member satisfaction, health plan expectations and accepted health quality standards.
- Document and submit chart notes within 24 hours of the visit taking place.
- Address charting queries within 48 hours of receipt.
- Maintain adequate communication with clinical leadership staff.
- Attend periodic training sessions and meetings pertinent to the position.
- Must be comfortable entering into personal living spaces for members scheduled.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to bend or kneel for extended periods of time if needed while performing assessments.
- Must have strong computer skills, and both knowledge and proficiency with electronic medical records.
- Advanced understanding of risk adjustment models for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) knowledge.
- Ability to document assessment findings both accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written communication to members and the clinical team.
- Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality in compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to make critical decisions while following health policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
- Ability to display a positive attitude and maintain a collaborative relationship with the clinical team.
- Ability to proactively anticipate and address/solve member, provider, and health plan issues
Education and Experience:
- Masters or Doctorate degree from an accredited NP program.
- Masters degree from an accredited PA program.
- Home health experience (Preferred)
- 1 year of in-home assessment experience (Preferred)
Certification and Licensure:
- Current RN and NP or PA licensure in the present state of practice.
- Board certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), or the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- BLS certification – Current
- Valid state driver’s license – no limitations
- Valid proof of sufficient car insurance coverage
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org